Let's explore the world of cannabis.

But first, make sure you're old enough to visit our site.

link-primary-arrow
You must be of legal age in accordance with the law of your province to access this website and/or to purchase cannabis.

Will tax dollars from cannabis contribute to your community?

Legalization
Bp4 Image

With the legalization of cannabis in Canada on October 17, the sale of marijuana will no longer be on the illicit market – which means it can be taxed. By any measure, this will be a boon for government revenues, which in turn should benefit all Canadians.

Canada’s Parliamentary Budget Office estimated the initial annual tax revenues from cannabis at around $618 million, though revenues are expected to grow as the market matures. The provinces will retain 75 percent, and the remaining 25 percent will go to the federal government. Some of the federal tax revenues will go toward public education and health studies related to the impacts of cannabis use. The rest could go toward public infrastructure projects.

What do you think? Will tax dollars from cannabis contribute to your community?

Join the conversation using #DiscussCannabis on social. Or, read more #DiscussCannabis posts.

Learn more about Emerald Health Therapeutics, and find out how you can apply for medical cannabis.

Previous link-primary-arrow
Why was cannabis ever illegal in Canada?
Next link-primary-arrow
Could the legalization of cannabis reduce crime in your community?

Related articles

Sep. 26th, 2018
Why was cannabis ever illegal in Canada?
Read Article link-secondary-arrow
Oct. 23rd, 2018
Cannabis Canadiana: Mapping legalization across Canada
Read Article link-secondary-arrow
Sep. 25th, 2018
Cannabis legalization in Canada – What you need to know for Oct 17
Read Article link-secondary-arrow

Sign up for our newsletter

In just a couple quick steps, you can sign up to get our latest updates.